and in the provision of storage and moving services.
1. Prices for bait and switch
2. Extra charges
3. It is the property’s weight that’s measured using cubic feet.
4. A moving service is not a company, rather a broker that can aid you in finding the perfect agent
Signs of caution:
1. There is no proof of existence, namely the lack of details such as a physical address and registration through the website.
2. Instead of calling for an estimate, get an on-site signed and written estimate.
3. Massive down payments are not permissible. The amount should fall between 10% to 20%
4. Avoid suspicious bids.
5. Do not give the client the federal Brochure Ready to Move.
6. Quotes cannot be altered despite promises that they will. But, they can vary based upon the individual property.
7. Promises that everything is insured but only 60% is insured.
8. Cash only. Choose movers that accept credit cards only
9. trucks that aren’t marked may be associated with fraud and theft.
10. Review fakes: avoid Yelp. Instead, go to the Better Business Bureau’s (BBB) site for reviews.
Make sure you verify the license number through FMCSA. You may check BBB for their professional as well as letters grades.